Call for proposals
The Erling-Persson Family Foundation, the Kempe Foundations, the Foundation Olle Engkvist Byggmästare, Ragnar Söderberg Foundation and Riksbankens Jubileumsfond are launching a call for young researchers. We address the researchers, based in Sweden, that have been scored among the best in Europe but not have been granted funding from the ERC’s Starting Grant call due to budget restraints.
11 – 29 September 2017 at 15:00 CET
Eligible applicant must have:
- applied for an ERC Starting Grant budget year 2017 (ERC-2017-StG),
- received a grade A after step 2 and the interview, but not have been granted funding granted funding from ERC or elsewhere,
- a host institution in Sweden.
In addition, the applicant must also apply for the ERC Starting Grant 2018 (ERC-2018-StG) if fulfilling the eligibility criteria. The application for the Swedish Foundations´ Starting Grant should be supplemented with an ERC-2018-StG application confirmation before 24 October 2017.
- includes the level of funding applied for to the ERC (up to €1.5 million). If an additional €500,000 has been applied for and recommended approval by the ERC panel, this might also be included.
- is approved for one year at a time for up to five years, given that the grant holder continue to apply for the ERC Starting Grant (if eligible to apply). If a grant from ERC or from the Swedish research council is approved, the Swedish Foundations´ Starting Grant will be discontinued.
- The four foundations have a joint information and application process. Please contact us to gain access to our web-based submission service.
- No further peer review will be performed; the ERC peer review process is sufficient.
- The decision on awarding the grants will be taken individually by each participating foundation according to their statutes. All further administration, such as payment and reporting, is handled by the individual foundation that has approved the grant.