- awards the amount originally applied for from the ERC (up to €1.5 million). If an additional €1,000,000 has been applied for and recommended approval by the ERC panel, this might also be included.
- is granted for one year at a time and for up to five years, given that the researcher continues to apply for ERC Starting Grants (when eligible),
- will be discontinued if the researcher receives an ERC Starting Grant or Concolidator Grant.
Eligible applicants must fulfil all the following criteria:
- have applied for an ERC Starting Grant in the 2021 call (ERC-2021-StG)
- received a grade ´A´ after step 2 and the interview
- not have been granted funding from ERC (or elsewhere for this project)
- not be on the ERC reserve list
- The host institution must be located in Sweden, this applies to both the original ERC application and the Swedish Foundations’ Starting Grant application.
In addition to the above, the applicant must also apply for an ERC Starting Grant in the 2022 call (ERC-2022-StG), if fulfilling the eligibility criteria. The application for the Swedish Foundations’ Starting Grant should be supplemented with an ERC-2022-StG application confirmation.
The participating funders have a joint application process and your our application will thus be made available to all participating funders.
What should an application include?
In addition to contact details and some basic information about your ERC Starting Grant application, the requested documents include:
- The ERC-2021-StG evaluation report
- The ERC-2021-StG application
- The application will require your electronic signature and that of your Head of department verifying that the host institution is willing to support a Swedish Foundations’ Starting Grant, in the event that you are awarded a grant.
The application for the Swedish Foundations’ Starting Grant should be supplemented with an ERC-2022-StG application confirmation within one week following the ERC-2022-Stg deadline.
To register a user account and apply: https://apply.soderbergs.org/sbs/ragnar
The participating funders rely on the ERC’s well-renowned peer review as a sufficient quality assessment and no further peer review will be done.
The decision of awarding a grant will be taken individually by each participating funder according to their respective statutes, priorities and available resources. Prior to these decisions the funders will consult between them in order to maximise the total number of applications funded.
All claims, payment(s), renewal(s) and reporting processes are managed by the respective foundation that has awarded the grant. Upon the acceptance of a grant, fellows must adhere to the funder’s grant policy and conditions. For detailed information regarding specific grant terms and conditions please contact the relevant funder directly.
If you have any queries please contact us at email@example.com